Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Chill out day 29th Oct

Woke up this morning, feeling fine???? Seems like a good line for a song!!!!!

Had a good nights sleep, even thougfh I fell asleep late due to reading.

This was always going to be a relaxing chillout day before we travel to Sauraha.Went shopping,ordered our pashminas. Best quality 4 ply for 1100 rupees,approx 10 Pounds Sterling.These sell for 150 Pounds in London!!!

Wandered around Kathmandu,had coffee in Pilgrim"s.Very famous book store here. It sells everything, even has a cafe.I think this is where Borders got their idea from!!
You can imagine that this was the meeting place for all those hippies from the late 60's /70's.May have to buy something from here before I leave.
Part of the ritual Sandra and I have is that we buy a fridge magnet wherever we travel. I have to be careful about which one I buy. If it is of a tanka (religious painting of a god),or the all seeing eye(Bhuddism) she will think I have been converted!!
Guess I should stick to one of the Annapurna range!
Visited an internet cafe sight several times today, miss hearing Sandra's voice.E mail is great but nothing like hearing the sound of the person you love.
The family read the blog last night, Sandra was at her sisters. Molly, my 14 year old niece, could not get over the Sadhu who will never sit down for 14 years. That is as old as she is!!! Mind you Molly is always lying down on the sofa, so standing for 1 hour is a pain!
Also mailed several friends,just to update them. Internet is really cheap here.1 pupee a min is expensive!.So a great way to stay in touch.

The lotus flower has been completed,it is really beautiful and pics have been taken.

This evening we went to a place to eat called Kilroy's.This has been here since 1998. The food is great and the service wonderful. Everyone has eaten here from HRH, Presidents, Prime Ministers and their wives!),A-list film and music stars,plus David Seaman!!!!!
I had Irish stew, can you believe.I haven't had that in Ireland and have travelled all the way here to taste it.Must admit it was superb!! Only 3000 rupee for 3 with drinks and afters. Approx 29 pounds.

Back to the hotel,festival still in full swing.Was offered hash several times this eve, must be the best way to enjoy 9 days of festival.Of course I refused!
Am planning to watch the match tonight, if I can get it on ESPN.It will not kick off till 1.45 am local, must ensure I stay awake.

Will need to pack tonight as we set out for Sauraha approx 10 am tomorrow morning. Trip takes approx 6 hours in a taxi.We will stop along the way, some may be forced, bad road, elephant,cow,toliet break etc.Others will be by choice, eat,drink and photo opportunity.
Off to bed now ,all I can say is COYS!

No comments: