Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nepal Adventure: Itinery

So, now you know how this trip came about and what it is hoped to achieve.

On 22nd Sept I had all my jabs. I still need to get my malaria tablets.

Itinery is as follows:

26th Oct arrive at Kathmandu. Spend 2-3 days with a local guide until Sue and her partner (Reggie) arrive.
I will be staying at the Mandap Hotel during this time. It is in the Thamel district, right in the heart of Kathmandu.

On Thursday 30th Oct we travel by taxi, I think, to a place called Sauraha. This is where all the children sponsored by Sue are educated. It is also close to the Royal Chitwan National Park. We are staying in a hotel called Rhino Lodge. It overlooks the Rapti river where elephants come to bathe as well as many other forms of wildlife. I think an elephant safari is being arranged. It would be the highlight of my trip if I could see a Bengal Tiger and get some pictures. They are very rare, but one can always live in hope.
We will be here some 4 - 5 days in total.

On the 4th Nov we travel, again by taxi, to the town of Pohkara.Our hotel is the Lake Palace. As the name suggests it is situated overlooking Fewa lake. Apparently some wondeful photographic opportunities! I guess there will be plenty of early mornings to catch the sunrise.

We stay here until 8th Nov when we return to Kathmandu in preparation for my flight home on 9th Nov.

I am not sure how easy it will be to update my blog on the road, so I am taking a travel notebook to record all that happens, as well as all my thoughts.

I am almost ready and prepared. I still need to get the following: Tripod, extra memory cards, Ipod, and of course my visa. So nearly all done!