Couldn't sleep, some noise approx 4am. Guess it was people leaving for the airport or going trekking.
Was up at 6am, went for breakfast and ramsharam turned up. We had a cup of tea together. He said that he hoped I would return someday soon and when I did he would arrange for us to go on a 6 day trek!That would be another good reason to return to this wonderful country.
He said that he and his family were very pleased to have met me and were glad I had enjoyed my time in Nepal.I am now viewed as their English brother!He is such a nice guy and has been a great help during my stay. He is very interesting and I have learned a lot about his culture, religion and country during our time together.
I have come to look upon him as a friend and hope to renew our aquaintence some time in the future.
The trip to the airport was very quick, and it was time to say goodbye to Ramsharam. As usual Kathmandu did not disappoint me with it's level of noise and activity even that early in the morning.
Joined massive queue at the airport to get through security.Paid my departure tax and checked in.Managed to get an extra legroom seat by the window on the flight to Doha.
Took off from Kathmandu with some sadness at the end of my holiday.This trip has been a very memorable experience for me in many ways. I have seen some great scenery, met some wonderful people, Ramsharam, Keshab and all their family as well as Krishna and family.They have all been prepared to share what little they have.
I have seen poverty and how difficult life is for the majority, a very humbling experience. It make you realise how lucky we in the West are, and how much we take for granted.
I realise the stupidness of stressing out about things that happen to me.Everyone I have met here is worse off than me, their life is MUCH harder than mine,yet they seem to have an inner happiness and always have a smile on their face.
I will never forget this trip, Nepal has left it's mark on me in a big way.
As if to make it worse and to ensure my last memory was truly memorable, the view of the Himalaya from my seat on the plane was truly stunning!!! The range streched out for miles with Kathmandu valley below. All this against a clear blue sky. As we flew over other valleys the morning mist lay low to the ground, covering everything. This made for a stunning view in contrast to the mountains.
Nature could not have given a better final view than this!
The flight was good, and after watching a couple of films it was time to land in Doha. Very hot and sunny, a 5 hour wait for my connection.
Sat listening to my ipod and had a meal, curry, what else!
Got my connection and another uneventful flight back to the UK. As each hour passed it meant that I was getting nearer to seeing Sandra.
Finally landed at Heathrow, got my luggae and as I walked out there she was with Janice, her sister. It was so good to take her in my arms and kiss her. I have truly missed her during this trip.
I would have loved her to have been there to share all of the experiences. However I know that she would have hated every minute of it. I cannot thank her enough for allowing me to go and I know that I am lucky to be married to her.
Finally got home just aftr midnight, tired but eager to relate all that happened.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment