Well, had another sleepless night!!!Bed to small, only built for short Nepalese!
Left at 5am to meet BabaRam.He appeared out of the shadows, we agreed a price and of he went to get the boat.He the said"you go this way a little bit then wait.Sun comes up and you see mountain"
Remember this was pitch black and I had no idea where I needed to go. I agreed a price for him to take me and off we set in the dark. We chatted all the time, again he has 4 children all in private school. Just like cabbies the guys involved in the tourist industry do far better than average.
As it got lighter it became obvious that the cloud was to thick! In fact there was even a fog on the lake. I was gutted! All this way, an early start and no mountains. I am sure the gods were against me!
We paddled back and I returned to the hotel.I was back in my room at approx 7.15. I tried to get some sleep, grabbed approx 1 hour and awoke to sunshine!!!
Looked out my window and could see the mountains!
Had a dodgy tummy and took some Imodiums to try and settle it down.
Went to lunch at the Monsoon cafe and didn't really eat much, just wanted to drink water really. We then went on to meet Bridget. She walked us back to her house. A bit out of the way, in the back of Pokhara, I wouldn't like to live there.
However she has a nice garden and a lovely home.She made us feel very welcome. We sat under the Buff Shelter that Krishna from Sweet Memories built a few weeks ago. It is made from bamboo and dried grass. He brought the grass from Sauraha on the top of the bus!!!!
I must say she has a great view of the mountains!Of course I didn't bring my camera.
We spent approx an hour there, very relaxing. She walked us along the back road to near our hotel. Saw some great photo ops on the way, could have kicked myself for not taking my camera. Must have felt ill.
We were due to meet Bridget later for dinner, but I felt a bit dicky and needed some sleep, so I didn't go.
To some more Imodiums and Diarolyte to rehydrate and went to bed. Must have needed some sleep as I slept till midnight!
As the hotel locks up at 10pm I couldn't get out to mail Sandra. Had agood night's sleep all round.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment